We have now introduced Online Triage Service – where you can get access to medical advice without having to call us or attend the practice.
Click here to access it – https://www.online-consult.co.uk/org/dr-samuel-and-dr-khan-practice
Once you complete the form, the doctor will review it and decide on the most appropriate course of action specific to your query. Forms received before 10am will be responded to on the same day (Mon-Fri only). Forms received after 10am will be responded to by the end of the next working day.
Online system is available 24/7 and is very simple to use.
If you are unsure which option to select for your symptoms, then please select ‘A General Health Query’.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ONLINE SYSTEMS ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR EMERGENCIES – IN AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 999 OR 111 FOR AN URGENT MEDICAL PROBLEM.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE APPOINTMENT SYSTEM from 1st JULY, 2020
- Appointments will no longer be booked over the phone, so you don’t have to call us at 8am or 3pm to book it.
- All patients needing appointment or having any other enquiries can submit their request online by using the online form at https://www.online-consult.co.uk/org/dr-samuel-and-dr-khan-practice
- GP appointments will be prioritised according to medical need and responded to by a relevant healthcare professional.
- Response will be provided in accordance to the medical need, and can be in form of a telephone or video call, a text message or a face to face appointment, therefore please ensure your telephone number is up to date.
- For the same day response please submit the online form before 10am (Mon-Fri) . Forms received after 10am will be responded by the end of the next working day
- Patients with no internet facilities at all, for example due to their disability, advanced age, or other medical impairment, will be helped by the reception staff accordingly.
- If you require a weekend appointment please contact the GP Out of Hours on: 0207 511 8880.
GENERAL APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
Misused and unattended appointments cause delays in treatment for patients in need and cost the NHS millions of pounds each year. Please help us to help you:
- CAN’T MAKE IT? – Cancel your appointment at least 2 hours before the appointment time so it can be offered to another patient.
- RUNNING LATE? – Inform us at the earliest. If you are more than 10 minutes late, clinicians may not be able to see you and you will need to rearrange your appointment.
- ON ARRIVAL – Inform reception staff as soon as you arrive so clinicians can be notified of your arrival.
- FAILED TO CANCEL? – If you do not cancel your appointment in good time, you might receive a letter from the Practice. This may result in restrictions being applied in your future access to our services.
1 APPOINTMENT = 1 PROBLEM = 10 MINUTES
Doctors’ appointment times are scheduled at 10 minutes. For the clinics to run smoothly, please remember to:
- Discuss only 1 problem during your consultation.
- Do not request repeat medication during your doctor’s appointment, instead request it via reception or online
- Please do not request to discuss other family members during yours appointment
Administrative enquiries such as repeat medications, results, sick nots or referrals do not require doctor’s appointment. Our reception staff can assist you with your query and liaise with the doctor on your behalf without having to book an appointment – alternatively you can contact the doctor via Online Triage Service as above.
Telephone/video consultations can be booked when a face to face consultation is not required.
Patient Access is available to manage appointments, view results as well as view medical records. Patients aged 16 years and over can obtain their password to access this service from the reception, provided they have a valid photo ID.
Children under the age of 16 years will usually be asked to be accompanied by a parent/guardian. If unaccompanied, they might be seen at the doctor’s discretion.
Possible delays – we aim to see everyone within 30 minutes of their appointment time. However, delays can happen. This can be due to the nature of the patients’ presenting problems, as well as their timekeeping. Should the delay occur, we kindly request your patience and understanding.
Preferred doctor – everyone has the right to express their practitioner preference. If you do have a preference, please state this at the time of booking your appointment. Please bear in mind that this may affect the length of time having to wait for an appointment. We can offer alternatives/advise on other options.