We have now introduced Online Triage Service – where you can get access to medical advice without having to call us or attend the practice.
If you require medical advice or treatment please click on one of the options below. You will be directed to the Online Triage Service. Once you complete the form, the doctor will review it and decide on the most appropriate course of action specific to your query. You should receive a response with 48 hours (2 working days).
Online system is available 24/7 and is very simple to use – just click one of the options below to start.
If you are unsure which option to select for your symptoms, then please select ‘A General Health Query’.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ONLINE SYSTEMS ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR EMERGENCIES – IN AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CALL 999 OR 111 FOR AN URGENT MEDICAL PROBLEM.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE APPOINTMENT SYSTEM – effective from 1st May, 2019
- Appointments will be triaged according to medical urgency via Online Triage Service
- When a face to face consultation is not indicated a telephone consultation will be offered instead
- Morning appointments will now be available to book from 8am
Misused and unattended appointments cause delays in treatment for patients in need and cost the NHS millions of pounds each year. Please help us to help you:
- CAN’T MAKE IT? – Cancel your appointment at leat 2 hours before the appointment time so it can be offered to another patient.
- RUNNING LATE? – Inform us at the earliest. If you are more than 10 minutes late, clinicians may not be able to see you and you will need to rearrange your appointment.
- ARRIVING FOR AN APPOINTMENT? – Inform reception staff as soon as you arrive so clinicians can be notified of your arrival.
- FAILED TO CANCEL? – If you do not cancel your appointment in good time, you might receive a letter from the Practice. This may result in restrictions being applied in your future access to our services.
- 10 MINUTES = 1 PROBLEM = 1 APPOINTMENT – Doctors’ appointment times are scheduled at 10 minutes. For the clinics to run smoothly, please only discuss one problem in each consultation.
- Do not request repeat medication during your appointment as this can cause the clinicians to run late; instead request it via reception.
- Please do not try and get other members of the family to be seen in your allocated appointment! This will lead to delay and other patients will need to wait longer to be seen.
APPOINTMENT BOOKING INFORMATION:
- Administrative enquiries such as repeat medications, results, sick nots or referrals do not require doctor’s appointment. Our reception staff can assist you with your query and liaise with the doctor on your behalf without having to book an appointment – alternatively you can contact the doctor via Online Triage Service as above.
- Telephone consultations can be booked when a face to face consultation is not required.
- GP “on the day” appointments can be booked by filling in the Online Triage Form as above, through Patient Access or over the telephone. We DO NOT BOOK GP appointments at the reception.
- Some appointments can be booked in advance. Please refer to “How to book?” page for detailed information regarding booking an appointment.
- Patient Access is available to manage appointments, view results as well as view medical records. Patients aged 16 years and over can obtain their password to access this service from the reception, provided they have a valid photo ID.
- Children under the age of 16 years will usually be asked to be accompanied by a parent/guardian. If unaccompanied, they might be seen at the doctor’s discretion.
- Possible delays – we aim to see everyone within 30 minutes of their appointment time. However, delays can happen. This can be due to the nature of the patients’ presenting problems, as well as their timekeeping. Should the delay occur, we kindly request your patience and understanding.
- Preferred doctor – everyone has the right to express their practitioner preference. If you do have a preference, please state this at the time of booking your appointment. Please bear in mind that this may affect the length of time having to wait for an appointment. We can offer alternatives/advise on other options.